I thought I would do something new. I have been thinking alot of people that I have listed on my blog, things that they may have said or done that have touched me in my life. I thought I would share a bit of each one with you .Lets start with 3 wonderful women who I have met this last year. There is Christina, Elizabeth and Trisha. I have met each one of these women because I was pregnant with twins.
First I met Elizabeth through a mutual friend. My friend told me to call her and she would talk with me about the whole 'twin' experience. She has one other son and then her twin sons. The first time I talked with her felt like I had known her for a life time. She was so kind and so helpful with what I should know and do through my pregnancy with my twins. I owe my boys' good health to her. She had recommended a book that I LOVE. She had told me what to eat and at what time during the pregnancy to help the babies grow, and get fat on them, because in the end I wouldn't have room to hardly eat anything and she was right. I have talked with her a couple times on the phone and through emails. As I have talked with her and watched her blog I have noticed her strong testimony of the gospel. Her and her husband have now moved to Utah so she can support her husband through school and I am excited to meet her soon.
Next is Trisha. I met Trisha though a couponing website, pinching your pennies. We met through whining!! LOL Its true. Trisha I believe was six weeks ahead of me with twin girls. We started talking because we were more or less going through the same feelings of BLAH!!! We quickly became each others shoulder to cry on. I felt like we were supposed to find each other and help and support each other. You see we have more in common than we thought. We both grew up in Utah, we were the same age, and they were in the middle of her husband going to school as well. We understood the feeling alone, and trying to do things without husband. However she was a much better pregnant mom. She took her other two girls out to fun things, while I laid in my bed. She took both her kids to church by herself, while I didn't go and sent Mark with all 6 of mine. She was such a great example of endurance and selflessness. She had her beautiful twin girls November 10 and I had my boys Dec 10. I was able to meet Trisha a couple months ago when she came to visit her family. She is such an awesome person. Trisha is soon going in for Brain surgery for a tumor that has returned. She has expressed her feelings of being scared and hoping her family is taken care of while she is down, I know the Lord will bless her and her family. There will be many prayers going her way.
Last but defiantly not least, Christina. I also met Christina on PYP. She has a beautiful family of 7 children. Her twin girls are in the middle. Her children are roughly the same age as mine.Christina seems to have it all together. She might disagree, but that is how I see it. She also supported her husband through school. They are now living the after school life that I cant wait for. I love watching her blog because they do alot of the same things we are doing since the kids are the same age. She seems to accomplish more though=) One thing that I love about Christina is she says it like it is. She lives what she believes and she says what she believes. She doesn't change what she thinks or does to fit any type of situation. She is stalwart. I was hoping to meet up with her when she came to a family reunion in Idaho, but has a wedding to go to in Utah! I hope I have the chance to meet her soon.
I love that I have had the opportunity to meet all three of these wonderful women. They are wonderful friends who share the same values and who truly love and take care of their husbands and children. I am grateful for each one of them and the positive influence they have had on my life and encouraging me to be a better person, friend, wife and mother.
First I met Elizabeth through a mutual friend. My friend told me to call her and she would talk with me about the whole 'twin' experience. She has one other son and then her twin sons. The first time I talked with her felt like I had known her for a life time. She was so kind and so helpful with what I should know and do through my pregnancy with my twins. I owe my boys' good health to her. She had recommended a book that I LOVE. She had told me what to eat and at what time during the pregnancy to help the babies grow, and get fat on them, because in the end I wouldn't have room to hardly eat anything and she was right. I have talked with her a couple times on the phone and through emails. As I have talked with her and watched her blog I have noticed her strong testimony of the gospel. Her and her husband have now moved to Utah so she can support her husband through school and I am excited to meet her soon.
Next is Trisha. I met Trisha though a couponing website, pinching your pennies. We met through whining!! LOL Its true. Trisha I believe was six weeks ahead of me with twin girls. We started talking because we were more or less going through the same feelings of BLAH!!! We quickly became each others shoulder to cry on. I felt like we were supposed to find each other and help and support each other. You see we have more in common than we thought. We both grew up in Utah, we were the same age, and they were in the middle of her husband going to school as well. We understood the feeling alone, and trying to do things without husband. However she was a much better pregnant mom. She took her other two girls out to fun things, while I laid in my bed. She took both her kids to church by herself, while I didn't go and sent Mark with all 6 of mine. She was such a great example of endurance and selflessness. She had her beautiful twin girls November 10 and I had my boys Dec 10. I was able to meet Trisha a couple months ago when she came to visit her family. She is such an awesome person. Trisha is soon going in for Brain surgery for a tumor that has returned. She has expressed her feelings of being scared and hoping her family is taken care of while she is down, I know the Lord will bless her and her family. There will be many prayers going her way.
Last but defiantly not least, Christina. I also met Christina on PYP. She has a beautiful family of 7 children. Her twin girls are in the middle. Her children are roughly the same age as mine.Christina seems to have it all together. She might disagree, but that is how I see it. She also supported her husband through school. They are now living the after school life that I cant wait for. I love watching her blog because they do alot of the same things we are doing since the kids are the same age. She seems to accomplish more though=) One thing that I love about Christina is she says it like it is. She lives what she believes and she says what she believes. She doesn't change what she thinks or does to fit any type of situation. She is stalwart. I was hoping to meet up with her when she came to a family reunion in Idaho, but has a wedding to go to in Utah! I hope I have the chance to meet her soon.
I love that I have had the opportunity to meet all three of these wonderful women. They are wonderful friends who share the same values and who truly love and take care of their husbands and children. I am grateful for each one of them and the positive influence they have had on my life and encouraging me to be a better person, friend, wife and mother.

4 comments:
It is SO NICE to have someone understand what you are going through at different times in your life!
That's great Lana, it truly is wonderful to have twin mommies whom you can share with!
Ah -- I think you just made my day! I don't have it all together, but I do enjoy what I'm doing and I'm grateful we've become good friends!
What a fun thing to do on your blog! I feel so special! I think you're amazing with all of your kiddos and how much you do. We'll definitely have to meet up now that we're in Utah!
Post a Comment