Thankful for the Valley Girls!!
I grew up in Ogden Valley, better known as Huntsville. When I was young there were not so many people as there are now. All the kids from Liberty, Eden and Huntsville went to school together. So even though we lived miles and miles away from each other we all grew up together and had a close bond with each other, and still do! Kelli, Mckell, Shelley, Autumn, Tabby, Amy, Sharlene, Rainee, Katie, Heather and Stacy (I'll talk about her later). These girls are all girls that I have grown to love and each one has been a blessing in my life. Kelli, McKell and Shelley have ALWAYS been friends. I always noticed that although they were popular they NEVER rude to others, but always accepting and kind. Sharlene and Rainee have been best friends as long as I have known them also. I met Tabby and Autumn through Amy when we were young. All of these girls are so sweet and would never say anything hurtful to anyone. I noticed that they were the ones to make the 'new kids' feel accepted. Heather was one of my best friends in 6th grade, we went through our drama years together, winning a talent show together as the "New chics on the block" LOL. Heather has always been a wonderful caring friend even when there has been years without seeing each other, we pick right where we left off. Katie and Amy were in my ward growing up. We have so many fun memories of Church, girls camp, mutual, boys, etc. I will absolutely love these two fun crazy girls forever!!! Stacy needs her own post so I will do her another day. I do love each one of these girls. Im sure some might not even know that I have watched them and admired them throughout the years, but I have and have been blessed by thier examples.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
This is a nice tribute to your friends and brought back some memories, you are a great friend.
I love these tributes to people you know. it was interesting to read the last ones about moms you met through having the twins. And you are cool to remember the VALLEY GIRLS!! We love you. It's been so fun to reconnect through blogging too. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I've always admired you and you just keep giving me new and more reasons too. You are one of the strongest, funnest, most energetic people I know. Oh, and ps - remember Bartlett camp? The Bartlett Bears!??? Well, I now live in Bartlett, TN and sometimes I get our song stuck in my head, "We are the Bartlett Bears, we have no worries, we have no cares cause we are the Bartlett Bears." Ok, so you might not even remember that. But you totally sang it with me dude.
what the!? You will talk about me later? I am that much drama that I need my own post? Great.
Thanks so much for your nice post! I have always looked up to you and especially now with such a big family you have become an incredible Mom!! Thanks for always being such a great example!
You know what they say, Once a Valley girl always a valley girl!! We are all so lucky to have the childhood we did growing up in such a beautiful place. I would love a reunion of just the valley kids, I think it would be sooo much fun! Great post!!
Post a Comment