Happy Birthday Brooklin


Brooklin Kay
My little girl has turned 11 years old. I remember being pregnant with her and always eating chocolate donuts and slushies. I remember being so big that I thought my belly could not possibly stretch anymore (boy was I wrong). I remember thinking that I couldnt believe how much I loved this little girl for only knowing her a short while. She was such a blessing to me in my life for more reasons than one.

Now here she is going off to Jr High this year! How scarey is that. Mean girls, cute boys, lots of homework- DRAMA!! I hope I have prepared her for what is to come. Brooklin is such a wonderful girl. She is such a big help with all the other kids.
She has started babysitting for me, a few at a time- not all 7 others- and she does a wonderful job! She plays with them, cleans things up and checks in with me. Im not sure I could get along with out her.
Brooklin LOVES animals. Every kind. Cute ones, ugly ones, tiny ones, big ones, dead ones, alive ones. When we drive down the road she will notice every poor animal that was hit by a car and tell me. She loves to draw animals. She tells me she wants to be a vet when she gets big. She is going to let her dog live in her house with her when she gets big. I said "what if your husband doesnt want it in there" She quickly replied, "well then I guess HE can leave"! =)
Brooklin had a great birthday. We had Grandpa and Grandma over for dinner. Brooklins choice of dinner, lasagna salad and pop. She was so easy to please with the gifts we got her. She loved them. We love having this beautiful girls in our home.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Brooke! You are a beautiful girl and I miss you tons!
Love, Auntie Mandy

April said...

What a sweet girl, super cute cake too!

Wheelin' with the Wheeler's said...

We are a little late with the birthday wishes...but we want you to know how much we love you and hope you enjoyed your special day. Hope you were spoiled lots...you deserve it. Love ya tons!!!

Sara M said...

Happy Birthday Brooke- so glad you spent some time with us this summer.

Katie said...

I can't believe she's going to be in jr. high!!! and there ARE mean girls there. remember our pretend fight after choir one day? it was brutal. i think it was pretend in that we weren't really mad but it was the bruises were pretty real. jr. high girls are so weird. good luck brooklin!! she'll be the classiest girl in the school.