Time Away...

I had the opportunity to fly down to Mesa AZ and visit my sister Kristy. It was SO MUCH FUN! I left on a Tuesday Morning with the snow coming down as I left the airport. The flight was good and only got better as we got out of the snow and clouds into the clear blue warm skies. I could hardly wait to see my sis, I think I walked so fast out of the plane I was almost running. Of course when I saw her, we ran and hugged each other. You would have thought it had been 10 years since we had seen each other, but it was only since July. LOL
We headed right out for some fun. Kristy took me to an awesome place for lunch where we had a greek salad- YUM! Then she took me for a makeover (us country girls dont get out much:)
We went to her house after to get the kids home from school and I found they had left welcome signs all over the door for me. I was so happy to see them. They are so sweet!
Notice the make-up please.

Arizona was so pretty, just in different ways then up here in Idaho and N. Utah. Its FLAT! I thought I lived in flat farm land, but not compared to this place. You can see forever if you look south. There are some mountains and hills here and there. This pic is of the Superstition Mountains. The cactus' are huge! and everywhere!I did make an effort to learn alot of different cactus' and facts about them. There are no trees, ok- no bushy trees! That would drive me bonkers cause I love green trees!

The first night I was there we went to a corn maze with the young men and young women church group. Kristy was in charge and she did an amazing job. I took her kids around in it and they kept giggling the whole time.We all had so much fun.
I LOVE the PALM TREES!!!! These are just baby ones- but they are amazing when they get big!
So the next morning my sister had to go to therapy for her back and so she thought she would get rid of me for a while and made an appointment for me to get a message...OOOOOHH, it was heaven!! I think I'll be going monthly now ;) Afterwards, we headed to the hills and did what we both love best, RIDING! Kristy got to ride HANK and I rode VIRGIL- I dont know who named those horses, but they had no imagination! They were great horses though. We had a good two hour ride through the desert =) We both LOVED it. Im glad we have this in common- she is fun to ride with.
This is a cactus that was about 400 years old- It was ginormous!
Of course, I had to I have my sister take me to the Latter Day Saint Temple grounds. It was absolutely stunning! I wish we had time to go in, but two days is not enough time to take everything in!
CHECK OUT 'dem BOOTS!
Me and the crazy fun kids!!

So for dinner they took me to a really fun place. Its called Organ Stop! I know- your thinking Organ? But really it is like fun, loud, family entertainment...with pizza! They have this really old Organ hooked up to buttons with other noises and lights....anyway they play any song you want. When I walked in they were playing the Sound of Music and when we left they were playing Indiana Jones, with the Little Mermaid in between. Its was awesome.

The ONLY pic of my brother in law and I....and I really DO like him!
There is no better way to end things than with shopping right?!! Krissy took me to a couple of her favorite places to shop. It was a great time. The only problem is, ...she always looks cuter than me! .....O well...she can have it;)
Thanks sis for an amazing vacation! I had so much fun with you and your family in just those few short days I was there! I cant wait to come back....only longer next time!

10 comments:

Katie said...

I love that you got to go see your sissy!!! I bet she was so excited. EMILY is coming HERE tomorrow!!! I'm so excited because this is my first sister to visit Tennessee. After reading this post it made me even more excited.

Mike and Kristy said...

Hey, cute makeup! :) and you know I always think you are cuter!! This is cute- it almost made me cry. I had so much fun and I am so happy you came and enjoyed it too. I can't wait for the whole family to come!! I love you tons!!!

The Swainston Family said...

You look so cute! I love that you got to get some time away to go visit your sister! Looks like you had soo much fun!

Handsfullmom said...

What a great vacation for you -- you really deserve it! I'm jealous again about the riding. I'd love to do that again someday. But when you live in the city, you give up some dreams. =)

YuinTing said...

You have a fantastic family!

Jordan Mamma!! said...

Oh this makes me want to go somewhere!! Massages are DIVINE!!! I have only had one in my life and am dying to have another!! Maybe after our men graduate we will have to go to a spa for a weekend!!

I am glad that you and your sis had so much fun together!! I think that you are both super FOXY women!!! : )

Ok, now I better go find that dinner roll recipe that I originally got on the computer for!!

: )

Soccer Mom said...

You are way too cute! What a GREAT vacation!

Stac said...

I am glad you had so much fun. I laughed about the palm trees. I used to love them so much too and then I bought a house with 6 palm trees in my yard and they are not so much my favorite anymore. Cactus's are interesting but they don't offer much shade and are quite a bugger if you fall into them. Oh the joys of living in the desert. I am pretty sure Vegas might be one of the ugliest places around. Glad you found the beauty in the tumbleweed desert.

April said...

YAY for vacations! Glad you got to get away and have fun.

Colleen and Justin said...

Lana, so happy for you and your trip. It is well deserved!!!