Happy Half Birthday!!


Yes, they are 6 months today. It has flown by!!! These little men are so big! Tucker is 16.13 lbs, and 25 1/2 inches long. Levi weighs 17.4 lbs and 25 3/4 inches long.

They are learning to get around a little bit more. They still sit supported. They do however tend to move around, on their tummies and backs, in circles. They both roll over.
They are not quite sleeping through the night, but they do sleep from 11pm to 3am. That is better than when they were newborns, so I'll take it!!

We tell them apart by their little marks that appeared about 3-4 weeks after they were born. They are tiny blood vessels that had formed on the outside of their skin and got bigger and bigger for a couple months. This is how big they are now, they have stopped growing and now when they turn a year they will start going away, this will take up to 6 years.
They are such great eaters!! They are eating cereal with fruit and lots of veggies! I have noticed that they love the fruits, inhale the squash and detest the peas! Those little biter biscuits that Gerber makes is their favorite. I dont even mind the mess they make.


Of course Mark LOVES these guys. He keeps telling me how he thought he wouldnt get anymore boys, he thought he was bound to be the father of girls and have his one boy. So he loves having three more!! He tells me he wishes he could stick them in his backpack so he can pull them out and squeeze them at school whenever he wanted. He does get missing his kids while he is gone, and the feeling is mutual! Even the babies grin ear to ear when he walks in the door.

They have found their little feet this past week and love grabbing at their toes. They must be starting to teeth, because they are always chewing on their hands.
They are both really good natured. I think people think that one needs to be the naughty twin and the other a perfect twin. That is so not the way it is with twins. They are both so happy! I have noticed a couple differences though. Levi talks a WHOLE lot! He blows raspberries! Tucker talks but not too much. He really likes to just look around and GRAB! He loves to sit and stare and your and rub your face. If Im reading he will grab the papers.
They love toys right now. Anything that makes noise they love. I am officially done nursing them and love it. Im glad I went 5 moths feeding them, but it got to be too much with having 6 others.

(at christmas)
I remember when they both could fit right into my arms, now they fill up my lap. I remember sitting and holding the babies when they were new and thinking I need to soak this in so I dont forget, and I HAVE forgotten. Im glad I am obsessed with taking pics, I have plenty to help me remember. I love these little guys! I cant imagine not having them ....here....TOGETHER....at the same time. They have been such a joy!

14 comments:

Tabs said...

Lana,
Your boys are so cute! You make it look so easy - you are such a great Mom! Keep the pictures coming!

Brad, Charlsie and Our Little Monkey said...

I can't believe they are six months old already. Has it really been that long since I left for Iowa. I love all the pictures

The Swainston Family said...

The boys are so cute! I can't believe that they are already 6 months. Boy time sure does fly!

April said...

Those babies are so darn adorable! I just love those cheeks.

Soccer Mom said...

They are simply adorable! My girsl keep asking when we are going to get to play with those kids from Preston! I just keep telling them when it stops raining!!!!

Jenny said...

Dang cute baby boys Lana!

Handsfullmom said...

Wow -- they have really grown. I still say they're identical. =)

Jacque said...

That makes me want to cry! They are SO PRECIOUS. Seriously, could you imagine your family without them? You are such a good mom!! I love all of your pics. I LOVE LOVE the one of them with their toys and they are smiling so big!! I love that Mark wishes he could put them in his backpack and take them out whenever and give them a squeeze! LOL!! That is so cute!! You have the CUTEST family. You guys are so blessed!!

Trisha said...

Doesn't time just fly by? Can you even believe that 6 months has already gone by. I love having twins as well, and can't imagine life without them. Your boys are so cute. I need to see you guys again. My sister is probably going to get married in October so it looks like we will be out to Utah again, and my husband will be with us. Yeah! Cute family picture as well, your kids are adorable. All of them. I hope that you are having a great summer!

Mandy said...

That post is so cute! I LOVE the one with them both smiling! Happy Half-Birthday, Levi & Tuck!

Sherydon said...

Just kidding about the invite!! You are officially my hero! You are Mark are so wonderful! I can't imagine having 8 children. I would love to have like 12, but my pregnancy showed me otherwise. I hope that i can have such an abundant little family to share so much love with!! Your kids are beautiful! i can't believe how much they have all grown, especially the twins!!

K.Booth said...

Lana, They are soooo Cute!!! Great post and pictures. They look like such sweet little boys. You look do good. I can't believe that you had twins six months ago.

K.Booth said...

My post was supposed to say, "so good" not "do good"..........ha!ha!

Teresa said...

I can't believe the twins are 6 mos! They are so dang cute! You are such and awesome mom. I don't know how you keep it all together. Kudos Chica:)