For some special kids!
We have had such a crazy week with everyone getting sick with one thing or another. Last Sunday I thought I was going to die when I woke up. I had such a horrible cough, sore throat, head cold and sinus problems. Mark was sick with a very bad sore throat. Monday I took Hunter into the Dr. and sure enough he had an ear infection. So he started the zithromax and he gave me some meds also. Meanwhile Gemma had the head cold and Daisy was getting it as well, having a hard time breathing through her nose. Not too much to worry about I thought.
Wednesday my Aunt Nadine (aka; Grandma Nadine)had come up. She couldnt come up to Daisys baptism because she had a family thing planned, so instead she had come up to take her out to dinner. She of course spoiled us all while she was here. Nadine has always been the kind of woman who is in tune with things around her and very sensitive to the spirit. I have always admired her and the way she makes other around her feel loved. being able to live with her for a couple years,I hope these qualities rubbed off on to me a little, and I hope they rub off on my children.
When Friday rolled around Tucker woke up with an eye infection and Daisy was in so much pain in her ear that I called and got an appointment for them. Daisy's ear was ready to burst and so they gave her an antibiotic and drops for the pain. Tucker is just on some eye drops. He put Mark on some meds as well to help him get over his stuff. I figured we were all going to be on the mend....until Saturday morning came. This was Daisy's birthday as well as the days she was going to be baptized and the boys were going to be blessed. Gemma started throwing up at 7am. We just kept hoping things would work out by 11am. They did, and she stopped throwing up by 10am and we were at the church by 11:15am and ready to go.
We had such a special day on Saturday. Daisy had made the choice to be baptized and become a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. She has been so excited the last few months for this day.
We have had so much going on this week that we decided that we wouldnt do a dinner afterwards. we were planning on having lunch with one of Marks sisters and her family but she had a son throwing up as well that morning, so we decided to not share bugs and plan it for some other time. This is a pic of Daisy with the cupcakes I got for dessert after our lunch (that we cancelled) =) We still sent some over to her and her family and Marks parents.Daisy got a 'Daisy' necklace and also a bookmark that said
"Just baptized and as bright as a Daisy"!
We celebrated her birthday at dinner time.

......with her choice of dinner, Hamburgers, Chips, Salad and pink lemonade. Im so glad she made it easy for me! We missed having Grandpa and Grandma Lindhardt though.

We know where she gets her good looks!!
Daisy even settled for an ice cream cake this year. I didnt have to stress about making one. She wanted a frog on her cake, I can do that! Daisy had been asking for a webkin, I happened to find a frog one, that was even better than the cake.
I am so proud to be Daisy's mom. She is such a great help with the babies, and helping out around the house. She is VERY friendly to everyone, and thinks of others first. when she was little -like four- when she saw her siblings getting in trouble for things, she would ask Mark or I to stop getting mad at them, and start crying. It has always made her feel bad when others are not happy. I love that she is so sensitive. Also she LOVEs to be funny. She is always making me smile!!
......with her choice of dinner, Hamburgers, Chips, Salad and pink lemonade. Im so glad she made it easy for me! We missed having Grandpa and Grandma Lindhardt though.
We know where she gets her good looks!!

11 comments:
Congratulations DAISY!!! Best choice you'll ever make! The twins are getting so big. They are so dang cute. I love the pic of Mark kissing you on the cheek.
What beautiful pictures of a special day. We had a baptism and baby blessing together back in November and it was a very special weekend for us.
So sorry that you were sick, how stressful. I admire how cheerful you are despite the challenges.
Daisy, my sweet little niece! I am so proud of you for making this wonderful decision! I'm sorry I missed your baptism but I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with your family! LOVE YOU!
Aunt Mandy
What a roller coaster week for you. I hope everyone is feeling better. I'm glad you had a great weekend, Congrats & Happy Birthday to Daisy.
Congrats Daisy!!! That is so awesome!!! I am so sorry you have all been sick. We have all been sick here as well. It is no fun!!! Boys are adorable and getting so big!
Congrats to daisy! I love the pic of Mark kissing you on the cheek. How cute! Looks like you had a great day! I hope you are getting better.
Daisy, I thought of you and your special day all weekend long. I was so sad that we missed out being with you. I couldn't wait to see the pictures of you in your dress. You are beautiful. I'm anxious to hear all about it. Give everyone xoxo's from us. Love ya...
I am so glad everyone is on the mend and that Saturday turned out to be great! I love all of the pics! Daisy is beautiful and the boys are so handsome!!
What sweet, sweet pictures of your family! I'm sorry you were sick, but it sounds like things went well anyway! Adorable kiddos!
Thanks for letting us be a part of your special day. We were so excited to not have missed it,(cause you know we miss alot).
Daisy was beautiful and the boys were adorable. It makes me wish again that we were closer.
Love you guys.
I love reading your blog you have the cutest family and everyone always looks so happy :)
Post a Comment