We were so excited to have a weekend together as a family. We havent been able to go do anything outdoors as a family for a while so this was a big deal for us. I remember when we first got married it was almost a weekly event going up into the mountains for a hike, picnic, 4 wheelin' or just a drive. I hope those days come back sooner than later. I miss them so much!! On the saturday before Memorial day we went up to the mountains with 4 wheeler in tow. We had plans for a picnic and some fun on the 4wheeler. The kids were so excited, they jumped out, ran up the closest mountain to see who would be the fastest to the top. Im not sure who made it first but I know who made it down first. Aspen. Of course someone has to get hurt the first 10 minutes you're there or its just not fun right?!! Aspen thought she would be able to run down the fastest until she got ahead of her feet and fell a little ways down the mountain. She learned quick that you have to go sideways down the mountain, NOT feet forward! She was scraped and bruised, but she was fine.

So we started our picnic...
(I had to throw this picture in because they are so handsome)
and trauma 2 began. 'What you cant eat potato chips for lunch? You need to eat something good with it?'
Daisy and Hunter quickly found some 'lambs ear' growing. Daisy, being the witty girl she is and ALWAYS making us laugh, had Hunter hold two leaves by his ears and blat like a lamb. So here are my two lambs coming down the road!! LOL
Brooklin and Caden hiking the mountain. It was so steep.
Mark decided to take the kids on a hike. They went pretty far. The kids enjoyed it and were so hot they just wanted to get in the river. He taught the kids well, 'Always pick Mom flowers.'
So we took them down to the river to cool off. This is usually how I look now a days, pony tail, only pair of pants that fit and my only shirt that fits, with two boys in tote! I do honestly love it though. Ok maybe I WOULD like another shirt that fits ;)
We had such a wonderful day together. We were so exhausted but loved it also. I cant wait until next Saturday. Im sure I wont have a hard time talking anyone into going again.

10 comments:
Awww looks like tons of fun! Glad you got out for some good family bonding time.
P.S. I'll watch those darling twinsies next time so you can go hiking too (;
Looks like you had lots of fun.
I loved this Lana! I made Joey come over and look at almost every picture. He said he likes Mark (even though he's never met him) He thinks he's so smart because sometimes he wishes he would have done pharmacy. So, this whole time I'm reading your blog and looking at your pictures I'm thinking - wo - she had to pack that cooler and organize this whole trip to the mountains for TEN people! That takes a lot of organization. And the the picture of you holding the twins - I can't believe how much you get done. It's so amazing to me. Just let me know when you get tired of all the comments I leave. I think I say the same thing every time. You're amazing blah, blah, blah. But I MEAN IT! You are just such a grown up and make me feel like I need to gear up for real life... since I only have one little baby and still complain about how busy I am. Ok, longest comment award. love ya!
Love it, love it, LOVE IT! This was the funnest set of pictures! Let me just say, I am very appreciative that you haven't blocked me out of your blog. I may be up to something, you know! ;) LOL!
I agree 100% with everything that Katie said!! I loved all of your pictures! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun as a family!! I can not wait until rotations are over so that we can do more family things (family meaning with our husbands there)!! Oh and so that we will have some money to do the fun things too! ;o)
How FUN!!!! Pictures are GREAT!
Where did you hike at? Wish we could have come.
I'm so glad your family had such a fun day together! I love this post, it remeinds me so much of my childhood. Your boys are getting big and you look great!
Your family has so much fun!
And I'd love to set up some penpals -- email me at handsfullmom@gmail.com Sounds like a fun idea.
By the way, you're in Preston, right? I'm coming up there for a reunion on Saturday the 20th with my two youngest (My mom grew up in Mink Creek nearby). I haven't decided whether I'm driving up and back on Saturday or whether I'm going to stay the night at a hotel in Logan the night before, but either way, I'd love to meet you if you have a moment free.
Post a Comment