I had surgery on Wednesday and havent been up to writing much. I thought I would write down a few things tonight while they are on my mind. This will be good for me to read in the future someday, Im sure. Mark and I have made the decision to be done having children, hence the surgery. We have thought long and hard about this, and prayed about it for a few months. We felt really good about our choice. I feel that it is in my best interest, as the mother or all these little people, to be done having children and start making my health number one priority now. As most of you know, I had cancer 5 years ago and now take thyroid medication (which needs to be constanly adjusted), I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 8 years ago which still has its issues, and being pregnant 8 times (one miscarriage) in ten years, has taken quite a toll on me. I know there will be times when maybe I might question if this was the right thing to do. But right now I know and Mark knows it is the right thing for us. We feel that there was a reason for these two little boys to come to us at the same time.We have been so blessed to have the 8 beautiful children we do have. I hope I never take it for granted that we have them as a part of our family. So as of now we are on to the next chapter in life, raising our children. I hope we are able to raise these children to their fullest potential in life. We are so very blessed.

5 comments:
I hope you recover quickly and take good care of yourself ok? it's going to be really neat for your kids to have such a young mom. those ten years you were busy being pregnant - but now you have eight kids and you are only 30! (at least for another week right?) Our poor kids are going to be pushing us around in wheelchairs at their high school graduation. :-) Anyway I bet it's hard to be done but you are so good at enjoying your kids. but take it easy. if that is at all possible :-)
Lana that never is an easy decision, but I'm glad you are at peace with it. I sometimes think I'd like one more, but honestly it's so nice to be "done". Take it easy and enjoy every moment.
Just remember- we are mothers, that is our natural instinct to want more children, it is a job that we nerver tire of or retire from. :) It is a divine calling and blessing-- and you are one of the best!! I still want more children, but it is just like you said- it is another chapter in your life and it is wonderful and exciting to watch the story unfold- and not only are you creating your story but developing other stories for each of your kids as well. :) It is so WONDERFUL!!! I love you! Live every moment to the fullest!! Lots of hugs, kind words and LAUGHTER!!!
Hi Lana, I know you do not personally know me but I wanted to post and to say what a beautiful family you have. I just had my own identical twin girls last July. Your boys are so cute and it reminds me of a few short months ago when my girls were that small.
I saw the link for your blog on PYP and it's been fun reading about your cute family. Incase you were wondering, my screen name on PYP is kj427.
I read and saw some of your posts on cake decorating. I also really like to decorate cakes but obviously haven't done so in quite a while!! I saw the picture of the one that you said sold for $35 at auction and how you wouldn't have charged that much in the first place. You do an AMAZING job decorating and I think if you were to sell some of your cakes that you could get ALOT more for them than that!!! :)
If you ever want to check out my blog its pkhimles.blogspot.com.
Hope you get feeling better soon.
Lana,
I have to say I admire you so much. You have done so much in your life and have overcome so much. I am glad to see that all went well. Focusing on yourself is always a great goal.:) I am glad all went well.
Post a Comment