Don't you just LOVE conference weekend! I wait for conference weekend with anticipation each spring and fall. I love having the opportunity to hear a prophet of the Lord speak to us. We have officially re-named it, "Listen to a prophet weekend" (I thought the kids would understand that better than 'conference'". So we did just that, we sat and listened to General Conference on both Saturday and Sunday. Of course with 8 kids, you need to have something for them to do besides SIT! So we do have a couple things we do to help the kids. First, we pick a certain word EACH session. They count how many times they hear that word, I count as well. They get a small treat -like a M&M- for each time they hear it. We also have 'Conference candy', for those who chose to listen to the talks they get a piece of candy for each talk listened to. They also have packets with word searches, and a place to write what each speaker talked about. The kids had alot of fun- mostly eating candy- but I'm glad they will sit with me and hear what is being said, even if they don't 'listen'. Saturday between conferences we went on a drive into the mountains. The leaves are changing and it was so beautiful. I absolutely love fall, not sure why, it has always been a time of change for me. Alot of changing moments in my life happened in fall and so I think I find it a time of renewal, persevering and enduring. What ever it is, I love the feelings!
the 'Narrows'
Marked proposed to me in this Canyon. Love it!
Marked proposed to me in this Canyon. Love it!

6 comments:
We have been wanting to take a drive up the Narrows for a couple of weeks. Maybe Bo and I will have take a date this weekend and take a drive!!!! Love fall too!!! I love all the beautiful colors!!!!
Love the pictures and conference weekend!
Love the pictures and I love fall too!
Those are some great ideas! I will have to try them on William and Kaleb!;D William had to work the WHOLE weekend and missed it all!:"(
When Pres. Monson ended the Sunday session and spoke about the April conference, I got the chills and tears in my eyes! The next time the prophets speak, our husbands will almost be graduated!! YAY!! :D
I love your pictures too! Fall is my favorite season too! :D
Beautiful fall pictures -- we went up the canyon here between sessions too.
The pictures are adorable...I am just sad to know that you were that close and couldn't take the time to stop in and say hello...:(
Post a Comment