Time out for me!


So after many years of wanting to attend Time out for Women, but always having a baby or babies to take care of, or being pregnant and possibly bed ridden and not being able to, I took the first chance I could to get a ticket. the next step, I figured, was to find someone to go with. I didnt want to go with just anyone. I wanted to go with someone who was fun but yet allowed the spirit to be there also. So I called Colleen. Colleen was one of my first friends when I moved here to Preston 13 years ago. We were in the same ward and had kids similar ages. Time went on and our husbands had decided to go back to school around the same time and carpooled to ISU for a couple years until the Carters headed to Dental school. We have all stayed close friends through all the many school years that we did. They made it back to Logan and now Preston. Im so glad they came back, she is a friend I will always cherish.
Time out for Women was exactly what I wanted it to be and more, what I needed it to be. Seems like everyone who spoke or sang, knew what I needed to hear. The theme this year "Choose to Become". How awesome is that, so broad and leaves it open for whatever! I have a list of 'Becomes'! I want to Become a great Mom, take time for the simple little things they do, compliment them daily, be patient with them, teach them the important things in life, that God loves them, and that they can do ANYTHING. I want to become an amazing wife, you know the one is in her high heels and apron when the hubby comes home, has a smile on her face and has perfect hair and makeup, the one who has a homemade 4 course meal on the table and the children sitting quietly smiling and waiting for Dad. I want to Become strong, both physically and spiritually. I want to Become inspired daily. I want to Become... the list goes on and on. I have chose one of these things to work on right now, and that is to Become balanced. Seems like in life right now that I have so many things that need to be done, so many things that I want to do, that Im stuggling with finding a balance in motherhood, being a wife, friend, neighbor, grandaughter, niece, sister, daughter, in my church calling, and then there are those things that I NEED in order to feel better about myself and in order to give of myself to others, and also things I want and make me happy. So here is to BALANCE.

2 comments:

Colleen and Justin said...

ahh... I feel the same way about you! I had a great time, thanks for inviting me!

Boer Family said...

I'm so sad, why don't the 2 of you take another time out and come visit me:) Glad you had a good time.